Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The definition of it...

                        As a father to what extent do we give? The more I learn as a father the more I see as a man. I don't know if I could have really understood the sacrifices my own father made had I not become one myself. I mean this on many different levels as having somebody that YOU are responsible for really changes perspective on life. A life lived up to that point solely for you. For me it was the first time I really got to see a part of me. This was my son and I was his father and it would be this way for the rest of our lives.
                         As a man to what extent does our fatherhood reflect on our manhood? Does it really take a man to raise a boy? I personally don't know. I would have ask then... who was ready to be a father.  Trick question as no man is ready to be a father. Only when you see you do began to realize that it is the most unique experience a man will ever have. This is when all of your self-serving planning has been deemed useless. All of the motivation you once had for self sustaining reasons have now changed direction. You are a father.

No comments:

Post a Comment