Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A FATHER AND SON CREATING AND CULTIVATING A RELATIONSHIP

Well it's been a while but I'm back! I'm ready to write from a new perspective. I believe I'm in the transition phase of going from Cassius' Daddy to Cassius' father. The change itself is very interesting in itself as I have little or no control over it's progress or direction. I can just sense the the difference in values as time move on. The things that were once a high priority can now be demoted while things that were not a factor before suddenly not only matter but matter a great deal.
As a daddy me and my son did things together as a way of bonding. As a father we interact on more of a man to man level. As my son continues to grow in size so does his curiosity. The time is at hand where he must get the proper advice on how to be who he is to be when the time comes. As his father as a man I have an obligation to provide to the best of my ability these answers to satisfy his curiosity. Since the down side would be him finding out without me. As this world we live in is a cold place. It could easily wipe away my Cassius without a trace.
As I stated before things are very interesting as they change. I personally appreciate the parental perspective. Remembering the same time in life when the “shoe was on the other foot” so to speak is a very humbling yet helpful experience. This is the time we call our own parents and express the “full circle” of life as we can now both appreciate and relate to them as parents. Closure has been granted. The veil has been ripped away the bigger picture can now be viewed. As parents ourselves we understand now why own parents did the things they did. Which to use back then as kids made no sense. To one day have kids of your own and understand actions of your own parents could be defined as a definite point of maturity in life or simply payback!
As we interact and reciprocate from one another I truly believe that me and my son will develop a relationship that will culminate into the one thing I desire most with him, a friendship. As I already both know and take for granted that I am already both “hip and cool” I am simply waiting on him to catch up to the rhythm.

No comments:

Post a Comment